Deadline for Nominations: April 15, 2018
This award is given to a University of Alberta woman or female-identified person in recognition of her contributions to the advancement of women and equity-seeking minority groups in the University of Alberta community, either through the course of her career or through current achievements in scholarship, teaching, and/or activism. Nominations of collaborative groups or teams will also be considered.
- Candidates must be a member of or have significant connection to the academic community of the University of Alberta.
- Contributions must have benefitted any or all groups of women and equity-seeking minority groups (faculty, students, fellows, staff) in the University of Alberta community either directly with a focus on university-specific concerns, or indirectly through work focused locally, provincially, regionally, nationally, or internationally.
- Form of these contributions may include but are not limited to the following: publication, transformative research findings, organizational leadership, policy implementation or change, pedagogical or curricular initiatives, distinguished service, community organization, etc.
- Outstanding quality of these contributions may derive from the result of a single project or activity, or may be representative of consistent involvement over time.
- Candidates must be an AWA member.
The fulfillment of these criteria will be established through the nomination letter, the candidate’s CV, and at least two letters of support.
Please submit nomination packages to electronically the Chair of the AWA Awards Committee (email@example.com) by April 15, 2018. Self-nominations are welcome. Only complete nomination packages will be accepted and must include:
- Nomination letter, which must clearly communicate the reasons the candidate should be considered, the candidate’s fulfilment of the award criteria, and detail her contributions
- Candidate’s CV
- At least two letters of support
All nominations will be considered by the AWA’s Awards Committee and a recommendation will be forwarded to the AWA Executive for approval. The award winner will be expected to submit a photograph and a short (200 word) biographical summary for inclusion in AWA publicity and will be invited to make a brief presentation at the AWA fall meeting and awards ceremony.
|2017||:: Janine Brodie & Dilini Vethanayagam|
|2010/2011||:: Faye Hicks & Malinda Smith|
|2009/2010||:: Helen Madill|
|2008/2009||:: Jane Drummond|
|2007/2008||:: Eleni Strouli|
|2006/2007||:: Yvonne Becker|
|2005/2006||:: Linda McCargar|
|2004/2005||:: Lynn Penrod|
|2003/2004||:: Lilly Miedzinski|
|2002/2003||:: Pat Prestwich|
|2001/2002||:: Bente Roed & Diane Wilson-Cox|
|2000/2001||:: Carol E. Cass|
|1999/2000||:: Juliet McMaster|
|1998/1999||:: no award given|
|1997/1998||:: Dianne Kieren|
|1996/1997||:: Patricia Clements|
|1995/1996||:: Margaret-Ann Armour|
|1994/1995||:: Doris Badir|
|1993/1994||:: Jean Lauber|
|1992/1993||:: Linda Woodbridge|