Deadline for Nominations: June 1, 2017
Please fill out the Application Form
This award, valued at $500, is given to a student enrolled at the University of Alberta in a graduate diploma, masters, or doctoral program (full- or part-time) to mark scholarly achievement and contribution to the advancement of women and equity-seeking minority groups through research, scholarship, teaching, university service, and/or community involvement.
Winners of this award will be students who have already shown outstanding powers of mind; sophisticated grasp of the fields of knowledge in which they are engaged; originality and independence of their own contributions to those fields; and have demonstrated potential value of those contributions, either intellectual or practical or both, to an improved understanding of or for action on issues relevant to women, equity-seeking minority groups, and intersectionality.
- Scholarly achievement will be assessed on the basis of candidate’s CV, transcripts, and letters of reference.
- Quality of contribution or potential for future contribution to the advancement of women and equity-seeking minority groups in the University of Alberta community will be assessed on the basis of the applicant’s statement, CV, and letters of reference.
Please submit nomination packages to electronically the Chair of the AWA Awards Committee (firstname.lastname@example.org) by June 1st. Self-nominations are welcome. Only complete nomination packages will be accepted and must include:
- Nomination Form
- Statement of eligibility, written by the candidate or nominator – maximum 1 page
- Statement of relevant research, teaching, or service contributions written by the candidate – maximum 1 page
- Up-to-date CV
- Up-to-date University of Alberta transcript (unofficial, stamped transcripts are acceptable)
- Two letters of reference
All nominations will be reviewed by the AWA’s Awards Committee and a recommendation will be forwarded to the AWA Executive for approval. The award winner will be expected to submit a photograph and a short (200 word) biographical summary for inclusion in AWA publicity and will be invited to make a brief presentation at the AWA fall meeting and awards ceremony.
|2012||:: Ayesha Mian, Faculty of Education|
|2011||:: Lisa Prins, MACT, Faculty of Extension|
|2005||:: Keri Flesaker|
|2004||:: Emily Bell|
|2003||:: Valerie Henitiuk, Comparative Literature|
|2002||:: Audrey Giles, Physical Recreation and Education|
|2001||:: Febe Dalipe Pamonag, History & Classics|
|2000||:: Chelsea Hermus, Biological Sciences|
|1999||:: Michelle Tracy, Human Ecology|